Tuesday, October 7, 2008

My Boink Progress..



Well i finally got to the latest installment on the ink circles pattern. I was surpose to get to workin on my Monopoly Game board,but due to my mother bein ill i have been spending a lot of time at the hospital.Right now her kidneys are borderline and they want to put in a stunt but she is not well enough at the moment ,they were suppose to do it today but the dr did not like the way her arm looked so they are gonna try again in a few days.


It just seems like everything is rushing by these last few weeks ,they are tellin us she is terminall because of her kidneys and diabetes ,she also has severe demensia.

But i tell you seein my mother like this at 61 is scaring me so much ,you see i,m also diabetic but since i found out i have been tryin to foloow trhe diet and do what i,m suppose to do ,I started off over 350 pds and a size 32 and now i,m down to 290 and a size 22 and for me is so great .

My husband took me out on saturday nite we actually went out with a bunch of his co worker and i felt so great bein in the smaller size i looked nice and felt great and we had such a great time dancing and chatting and laughing it felt so good ,it has beeen so long since we had been out .

I told my hubby what i wanted for my birthday ,I said iw ould like to go out again and spend it with all our friends it was so great . On October 16 I'll be 38 yrs old (yes i'm getting old ,LOL.)

But i do feel better and i think i look better ,I'm hoping to someday get back to my old size before i had kids ,a size 14,, tahnks for reading ,Mary

8 comments:

Margaret said...

So sad about your mother. But good on you for your weight loss. it is so hard isn't it. Two years ago I lost 15 kilo and it is a constant struggle to make sure I exercise enough and eat properly so I don't gain. I have weight gain genes I think!! I'm sure you look great and are inspired to keep at it.

Milly~ said...

Your BoINK looks fabulous.

Rene la Frog said...

Boink looks great!

I am so sorry to hear about your mother. I know how hard it is to see a parent so ill. Keep on that diet and the pounds will slowly fall away. It is so important to lose the weight when diabetic, I know how hard it is but will be worth it in the end. I too am diabetic and only had to lose 60 pounds but still it was a struggle and I fight every day to keep them off even after 8 years.

Cait said...

I am also diabetic and it is so hard for me to eat the three meals and have two snacks. I only eat two meals a day and for me to change in my 60's is very hard. I know I need to cut down the portion size and that way I could pssibly eat three meals a day along with the two snacks, but it seems so much to be a time waster to make three meals and two snacks.
Anyway, I am so proud of you for losing the weight. I know it is hard, but the loss of sight or limbs is much worse.
Your stitching is beautiful.
Keep on with your weight loss, maybe you will help be to do better. Huggs, Cait

Dawn B. said...

I will have you and mom in my thoughts and prayers. Love the ink circles progress and congrats on the wieght loss.

CJ said...

Oh Mary, I am so sorry to hear about your mom, she is so young. You need to take care of yourself now and great job on the weight loss, keep it up. I will keep you in my prayers.

CJ

heike said...

Mary, i´m so sorry to hear it of your mother. My mother had Alzheimer and she was at me, till she die. It is a hard time, if they must cherished.
I know a lot of people, they have diabetes, but they live good with them diet cooking. They cook many like other people, but other spices.
With your weight is very good and you looks great, i´m sure. I must lost many pounds, but they don´t want to go :-((
Th Boink looks gorgeous.
Hugs
Heike

Robyn in Oz said...

BoINK looks great! Sorry to hear about your mum, looking after a parent is always difficult. Congrats on weight loss & keep going!

About Me

My photo
I am Married ,been married happily for 25 yrs.I am 40 yrs old.I have 3 great kids,Son 24,Daughter 21,and my special Blessing Son who is 3 year old, Live everyday as if tomorrow were you last!!!